AMT’s novel, proprietary mucosal immunology-based platform allows for the development of biopharmaceuticals that by their oral delivery will enable, or at the very least enhance, previously unattainable or unappreciated biological outcomes for agents delivered by the oral-GI route. The company’s current core therapeutic areas of focus are Immunology & Inflammation and Metabolic Diseases.
Manage the accounting function for the organization and is accountable for staff involved in the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Responsible the monthly/quarterly close process for general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Manage clinical trial accounting and equity accounting.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable including primary contact with collaborations regarding billing matters.
- Supervise the Accounting Analyst and Payroll Specialist including training, goal setting, and performance management. Provide back-up duties for payroll and accounts payable processing as required.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, statements of financial position, and cash flow statement.
- Assist with development and maintenance of internal control structure. Ensure compliance with established controls.
- Assist with identification, documentation, and adherence to the Company’s financial policies.
- Prepare documentation in support of external quarterly reviews and annual audits including interfacing with auditors and responding to questions. Review audit reports and make process changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist outside tax consultants with preparation of tax provisions and filings.
- Identify process improvements. Develop and implement supporting policies and/or procedures.
- Other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience
- Biotech and previous management experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- Proficient computer skills specifically PowerPoint and excel
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to independently prioritize workload based on organizational needs/demands. Operates with a sense of urgency, as appropriate.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)
AMT is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, AMT does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets