We are currently seeking a Research Associate to join our team. This individual will be motivated and thrives as part of cross-functional team within Applied Molecular Transport. This an exciting opportunity for an individual motivated to see his work directly impact the development of our lead molecule. The successful candidate will be a bench research associate and key member of the biological sciences. The candidate will help to advance programs from discovery to IND/CTA filing.
- Develop and perform in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro studies.
- Assist in developing and performing PK/PD assays for multiple animal models.
- Generate reports and presentations for cross-functional team meetings.
- Actively participate in team meetings to discuss and review data.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent experience in pharmacology, physiology, biology, or relevant degree with at least 2 years of hands-on work experience in a biotech or pharma setting.
- Proficiency in designing and executing a variety of in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro studies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion to maintain current scientific knowledge focused on pharmacology, toxicology and molecular pharmacology.
- Comfortable at working independently and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with animal model development across inflammatory and metabolic diseases.
- Proficiency in designing and executing in vivo PK/PD studies.
- Proficiency with various in vivo skills including dosing (IV, SC, IP, PO), bleeding and harvesting/processing of tissue is a must.
- Experience with ELISA, Western blotting, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, microscopy and histology is required; experience with Meso Scale Discovery system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of PK/PD principles and software (e.g., WinNonlin, NONMEM, SimBiology, etc)
- Expertise in data analysis software: MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word and GraphPad Prism.
- The ability to be innovative and creatively solve problems.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills are a must.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: email@example.com (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)