Applied Molecular Transport are looking for an experienced Fermentation Scientist/Engineer to develop, optimize and scale-up upstream processes for the production of biopharmaceutical proteins.
- Development and execution of upstream processes to produce novel therapeutic proteins at lab scale.
- Set-up and operation of fermentation equipment ranging from 200mL to 30L.
- Process monitoring and sampling, including performing routine sample analysis using biological, biochemical, and analytical chemistry assay techniques.
- Preparation of media, solutions and buffers.
- Participation in daily operation and routine maintenance of process and analytical equipment. Maintaining a clean and organized lab environment. Chemicals and consumables stocking, etc.
- Maintenance of lab notebooks and batch records, preparation of SOPs and other technical documentation.
- Operation of lab scale fermentation/cell culture equipment, including: fermentors, pH meter, autoclaves, laboratory scales and centrifuges.
- Competence in analysis and presentation of experimental results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping, writing reports and SOPs.
- Proficiency in cell culture and aseptic technique
- Strong technical competency in the scientific principles of fermentation, microbiology and basic chemistry
- Attention to detail, safety and good laboratory practice.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’sPhD degree or equivalent experience in Chemical Engineering or Microbiology or related field.
- At least 2 years of hands-on lab experience working with fermentation equipment.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: email@example.com (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)