We are currently seeking a hands-on scientist to join our team. This individual will be a motivated scientist that thrives as part of cross-functional team within Applied Molecular Transport and with external academic/industry collaborators. This an exciting opportunity for an individual motivated to see his work directly impact the development of our lead molecules as they progress through clinical trials.
- Provides scientific expertise in areas of biomarker discovery, development, and translational science working with multiple cross-functional teams (e.g. biology, preclinical and clinical).
- Generates in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro models of disease to identify and implement new biomarkers of clinical relevance (pharmacodynamic, predictive of patient-response, prognostic and safety) by leveraging both internal capabilities and external collaborators and contract research organizations.
- Prepares and communicates scientific reports (written and verbal) to project teams.
- Work with clinical team in the coordination of biological specimen sample collection, handling, analysis, and storage for biomarker analysis.
- Perform hypothesis driven experiments to support clinical differentiation opportunities for AMT’s pipeline.
- Participating in discussions to formulate disease area strategy for target selection and validation.
- PhD with 5 or more years of experience in immunology post-degree.
- At least 3 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience with expertise in biomarker and translational models.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in human primary cell culture including iPSC-based in vitro models of disease. Experience with High-content Imaging systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in tissue culture and primary immune cell assays.
- Experience working with mouse models of disease.
- Proficient in flow cytometry, including preparation of samples, analysis and sorting
- A strong track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results oriented research team environment
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: email@example.com (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)