We are seeking a talented and dynamic scientist to lead biomarker efforts for novel, oral biological therapeutics to treat severe autoimmune, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will responsible for the design and implementation of biomarker strategies aimed for novel therapeutics and will work in close collaboration with teams throughout the organization, including biology, protein sciences, CMC, regulatory affairs, and clinical development.
- Lead the development and execution of translational and biomarker discovery and development strategies for non-clinical and clinical studies within inflammation.
- As a leader in the organization, you will successfully maintain alignment and excellent communications with key stakeholders internally, and ably represent AMT to external collaborators and in public presentations.
- Author biomarker study reports and biomarker sections of regulatory documents.
- Identify and manage key external collaborations to enhance project decisions and/or yield new target opportunities.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent degree and at least 8 years of relevant post graduate experience, preferably in industry, with direct experience in research drug discovery and target validation in inflammatory diseases.
- Demonstrated experience in translational research and drug development is strongly preferred. Direct experience in the investigation of pathways or interventional targets related to mucosal immunology and inflammatory bowel disease is optimal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated an ability to manage several projects at any given time, to work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Previous project leadership in translational sciences preferred
- Experience authoring of technical reports, drug discovery documents, and regulatory submissions desired
- Demonstrated scientific leadership, mentoring and organizational skills with respect to both managing direct reports as well as external collaborations and/or CROs.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)
AMT is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, AMT does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets