We are seeking a talented and dynamic scientist to lead efforts in the discovery and development of novel, oral biological therapeutics to treat severe autoimmune, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will responsible for the design and implementation of nonclinical programs aimed at identifying and characterizing novel therapeutics and will work in close collaboration with teams throughout the organization, including biology, protein sciences, CMC, regulatory affairs, and clinical development.
- Lead cross-functional nonclinical teams to execute development strategies to generate, analyze, and summarize data from studies for inflammatory disease programs.
- As a leader in the organization, you will successfully maintain alignment and excellent communications with key stakeholders internally, and ably represent AMT to external collaborators and in public presentations.
- Author nonclinical pharmacology reports and nonclinical pharmacology sections of regulatory documents.
- Additional activities include managing and identifying key external collaborations that will enhance and/or expedite decisions on projects and/or yield new target opportunities.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent degree and at least 8 years of relevant post graduate experience, preferably in industry.
- Demonstrated experience in target discovery, translational research, and drug development is strongly preferred. Direct experience in the investigation of pathways or interventional targets related to mucosal immunology and inflammatory bowel disease is optimal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated an ability to manage several projects at any given time, to work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Previous project leadership in drug discovery preferred
- Experience authoring of technical reports, drug discovery documents, and regulatory submissions desired
- Demonstrated scientific leadership, mentoring and organizational skills with respect to both managing direct reports as well as external collaborations and/or CROs.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (note: ‘Please put job title in subject heading)
AMT is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, AMT does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets